Nov 30, 2011

My Sad Etsy Husband

Now that my husband knows what I am sewing him for Christmas, he keeps asking when he gets to be my "Sad Etsy Boyfriend." If you're not familiar with this reference, check out this Tumblr that is "Dedicated to the wretched creatures abused for economic gains by their Etsy girlfriends." Like this poor guy here:


Anyway, my Sad Etsy Boyfriend so far loves his hoodie-in-progress, which is sewing up nicely and most definitely won't be sold anywhere, even Etsy. However, I have the twin problem of it being too short (it's a '70s pattern, so the cut is just a little different than I'm hoping to achieve), and I bought a zipper that's too long. So I'm going to attempt a 2-inch band at the bottom instead of turning it under and adding a drawstring like the pattern recommends (which will take care of both problems, hopefully). Oh, and my other problem is I don't have enough fabric left to cut the band with the grain running north-south. So I'm going to cut it east-west and hope for the best. There will be less stretch that way, but I think I can make it work. Here's the hoodie in question. The knit wool fabric is amazing (which it should be for $20/yard):


This is a close approximation of what the hoodie will look like on me when I borrow it
Love the stripe that shows in the hood!
So that's what I'm working on today. Oh, and a bunch of writing too, which should probably be my priority because Christmas is yet weeks away — and my deadlines are much sooner. Procrastination is a sport for some of us though. And sewing is how I put things off. Also reading stupid things on the Internet (like Sad Etsy Boyfriends, naturally).


11 comments:

  1. It's looking really good! I would also class myself as a world-class procrastinator but that also applies to sewing (and I have Christmas deadlines looming as well)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I immediately had to visit that Tumblr and then email it to all my friends. The hoodie is looking very good, better than Etsy fare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to check that out-- hey, I have some procrastinating to do too! I sort of have the opposite problem when I make my husband be a fashion photographer while I model. Instead of yelling "work it, baby!" I hear, "Goddamn this stupid little button, it's too small for my fat fingers, what a piece of shit. . . ."Then I get that stressed out look.
    Anyway, no way any guy would look forlorn in that hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! I CAN'T wait to be on the other end of the camera for once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job you're doing there! What a lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is coming along nicely! I like the stripes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hoodie looks fabulous! And I totally cracked up about the 'sad etsy husbands'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post, "My Sad Etsy Husband." It brought a smile to my face, and I appreciate the humor and insights you shared about the challenges and triumphs of navigating the world of Etsy.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for brightening my day with your witty post, and for those seeking to turn their shopping frowns upside down, promocodehq might just be the key to unlocking cheerful savings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "What a fantastic blog! The variety of topics covered keeps me coming back for more. The author's dedication to providing valuable information shines through in every post. Thank you for enriching our minds!"
    https://www.aintpayingfull.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I appreciate the author's commitment to fostering a positive and inclusive community through this blog. It's not just a source of information but a space where diverse perspectives are welcomed and celebrated. Thank you for creating a platform that encourages meaningful discussions."
    https://justamazingdiscounts.com/flash-photography-discount-code/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...